Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rockabilly Tart & Tangy ~ SC216 & TPE12



I combined the Color Challenge 216 at Splitcoaststampers using Real Red, Basic Black, Old Olive & Whisper White with The Pink Elephant sketch challenge for this card.



The cherry patterns from the Rockabilly Specialty Designer Paper is so fun to work with, especially with the Tart & Tangy stamp set. The cherries have been covered with crystal effects to give them a shine, dimension, and a smooth texture. I wanted to add a greeting to the card front, but I had a difficult time deciding where and how to place it, so I left it as is.



Stamps: Tart & Tangy
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White CS, Old Olive Prints DSP, Rockabilly Specialty DSP
Ink: Old Olive & Real Red Stampin' Write Markers
Other: Crystal Effects, Eyelet Border, Scallop Circle & 1 3/8" Circle punches, Crafters Tool Kit, Dress Up Ribbon


8 comments:

LORi said...

Hi Stacey!!! Your card is fabulous!! I am excited you decided to join us this week at TPE!!

HUGS~ LORi

Robin said...

I love your card. I have been looking at the rockabilly papers and wanting them for quite some time. Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!
Robin

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

SWEET!

Ann said...

Great card - I'm really into spotty papers at the moment so this card really wowed me.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Oooh i love dotty papers! Such a bright cheery card...reminds me of summer and i love cherries :)
Thanks for making such a gorgeous card with my sketch...we are happy to have you at TPE...

Hugs
Carol x

Dawn said...

I am really diggin' that rockabilly paper!! Your card is AWESOME!

Trudi said...

Love those cherries Stacey! What a fun card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE.

Kathryn said...

Love your card - that border punch is so pretty!!! Great colors, too!