Thursday, June 25, 2009

Scalloped Medallion Birthday



Ok, I had to add a second layer of the scalloped medallion in Apricot Appeal! Much better!



I have been wanting to try the scalloped medallion technique, especially after seeing some of Nancy Riley's fabulous creations with it. The Pink Elepant Sketch Challenge #20 has a nice focal in the center of the sketch, so instead of a circle, I thought I'd take a stab at the scalloped medallion. It looks difficult, but it is SO EASY! Check out the tutorial for the Scalloped Medallion over at Splitcoaststampers by clicking HERE!



Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes
Paper: Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White CS, Rainbow Sherbet DSP
Ink: Black Stazon, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore & Apricot Appeal Stampin' Write Markers
Other: Scallop Edge Punch, Fresh Favorites I buttons, Apricot Appeal 1/4" Grosgrain, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a great little birthday card! I like the card with the added apricot appeal too.

Nancy Riley said...

Isn't it easy?! I love discovering easy techniques that make a big impact! Your card is awesome, Stacey! The added Apricot Appeal layer is just perfect! Thanks for the mention!!!

Natasha said...

So cute. The Apricot Appeal looks fantastic. I love that DSP too

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Another great card Stacey! So glad to have found your blog and see all your great stuff...which is why I tagged you with an award!! :)

Annie said...

The apricot layer really lifts the card - it's fab.

Must check out that technique - it's very very effective.
Ann xxx

Carol said...

Great job with my sketch, i love the little medallion and the cake looks fab!
Thanks for joining us at TPE :)

Hugs
Carol x

LORi said...

Wonderfully adorable card Stacey!! So happy you joined us this week at TPE!!!