Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sneak Peek ~ Kind & Caring Thoughts




Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #9 is up and running...and it's a beauty! I used Basic Black, Very Vanilla & Certainly Celery on my card. For a layout inspiration, I hopped on over to Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #22. For the focal image in the larger scalloped circle I stamped the flower in Certainly Celery once and then again without re-inking the second time...love this technique called "Stamping Off."



Stamps: Kind & Caring Thoughts
Paper: Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Very Vanilla CS, Candy Lane DSP, Sunshine Garden SSK
Ink: Basic Black, Certainly Celery
Other: Valet Ribbon Originals, Big Shot, Circle Scallop Die, Circle Scissor Plus, Stampin' Dimensionals


11 comments:

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Very pretty Stacey-- nice job with the color challenge:)

Julie Davison said...

oooooooooooh! I LOVE this! Nice job!

Karen Giron said...

What a stunning card! These colors look fantastic together - love the black ribbon against the white, beautifully done.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, clean & striking! Dawn has great colors, I need to try hers too! So many challenges I want to participate in!

Traveling Mama said...

Thaaaanks. I just convinced myself that I didn't need this set... now maybe I do! LOL! Gorgeous card!!

Aimes said...

I love your take on the challenge! The layout is fab and the colours are distributed so well! I love your focal point - what a lovely stamp and stamping off works so well!
Aimes
x
P.S Thanks for the lovely comments over on my blog - much appreciated! x

Dawn said...

So elegant...love the layout.

Susan said...

Love your card - so pretty with all the different elements.

Kristina said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! You rocked both of the challenges. It's so crisp and elegant.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love all of your circles and fun elements. Way to rock out this color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

joyk said...

This is one gorgeous card! Love how you used those colors together!