Saturday, August 1, 2009

Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 1



Hi Stampers! Here is the brand-new Curtain Call Color Challenge! I'm loving my new tamplate designed by VeROCKina (Veronica) at VK Design Company. For the Curtain Call Color Challenges, anything goes! The Jewelry Color Inspirations were a blast, but now I can still use jewelry as inspiration, or I can switch it up and use other things like bedding, clothing, furniture...you name it! Feel free to send me your ideas, too!

I think that I'm in a monochromatic mood, so for Act 1, I chose a bedding collection called Marimekko ® Lehtimaja from Crate & Barrel...so clean and crisp...gorgeous!

To play along in the Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 1, simply create a papercrafted project using these Stampin' Up! colors (or similar shades from other companies), post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call, link your posting back here, and then come back to enter your name and URL in the Mr. Linky box. You have until Sunday at noon (CST) to enter your project.

I will once again be picking my FAVORITE Curtain Call Color Challenge submission who will be announced as the Curtain Call Show Stopper at the end of the week!



The ones who are chosen as a Show Stopper will receive this award to post on their blog and share the exciting news! I will be picking more than one Show Stopper each week depending on the number of entries there are. There will be awards given out for every ten Curtain Call Color Challenge entries!

Without further ado...here's my inspiration card. The pattern on the bedding led me right to the Embrace Life stamp set. I heat embossed the Night of Navy flower with white embossing powder, cut it with my snips, and threaded the Not Quite Navy ribbon from the center. With a little two-step stamping of the leafy image and some layering of cardstock, my card was complete. I can't wait to see what you all come up with...and please spread the word about the Curtain Call!







Stamps: Embrace Life
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Versamark
Other: White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Elementary Ribbon Originals, Stampin' Dimensionals




20 comments:

Julie Davison said...

fuN! Can't wait to play! Love your inspiration card!

Teresa Kline said...

WOW, all he new for your blog and color challenge is a show stoper....i am luvin it! congrats and I wish you much success!

enjo and hugs,
Teresa*~*

Meredith said...

How exciting! I love it. I also think this is one of my favorite cards that you've done--absolutely gorgeous!!

ChristineCreations said...

Well, I love the colors and inspiration, and that ribbon looks yummy! Beautiful work!

Rochelle said...

I am looking forward to your new challenge and the inspiration you share! Can't wait to play this week!

Unknown said...

I love your blog makeover!!!

And, you won't believe it but my color challenge for tomorrow is VERY close to yours- I feel like we're always on the same page!!

I am going to try your challenge tomorrow night.

Chantelle said...

Oooh, so exciting and looks like fun. Can't wait to try. I love the idea that you have provided the colours and the inspiration - great work.

Byl Family... said...

WOW Stacey, i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new look!!! And these colour challenges look fabulous! I look forward to playing along one day! Love Keesh x

LeAnne said...

Very cool---anything you choose to be inspired by is fine by me! I am headed out for a couple days....hopefully when I return I can play with these beautiful blues!

Tara Kieninger said...

Hope to get my card posted tonight - went to finish it and realized I still had some of my tools packed away from a crop.

Need More Time to Craft said...

Stacey, I want to say a big thank you for making me use my Not Quite Navy. My Ink pad still had the cellophane on it. Shame on me. Loved the challenge and the colours. Will be using them again very soon.
Carole x

Teresa Kline said...

luvin the new CC!

enjoy *~*

Betty J Schaub said...

Ok Stace: I'm gone for 2 minutes and you change things up on me! But I got this one done anyhoo! LOL
Thanks for a sweet challenge!

Julie Davison said...

hee hee. I'm working on my card right now and was remembering that you're very first JCI was also a blue monochromatic color scheme.
http://stampinwithstacey.blogspot.com/2008/08/jewelry-color-inspiration-challenge-1.html
Watch for my post later tonight...

Caryl P said...

I love the new look and the new challenge. So glad I could play along and looking forward to many more!

Kay Kalthoff said...

Love it, Stacey!! Great inspiration picture!
Kay

Ann said...

Ooooh, I'm loving the new look, Stacey, and these colors are fab! Hope to play along!

Sue said...

Thank you Stacey for another great (although challenging at times!) challenge- love the new format!

Darlene said...

WOW, I just discovered your blog ... awesome! I'll definately be back again & again!!

katou said...

I definitely love those colors you choose for this challenge and your card is so nice.
I am in a hurry to participate to a new one.
Hugs.
Katou