Sunday, September 13, 2009

Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 3



I'm back! Thank you to all of you who asked about me over the last few weeks! I'm finally getting back into the stamping swing of things! Boy, have I missed my stamping therapy sessions! My stamp room is coming together and I was actually able to make some projects at the end of last week....YEAH! I'll be posting some of them for you to see very soon, and I'll be sharing some photos of my "Stamping Stage Studio"...so stay tuned!

Here is a photo of the rose that I received on stage at Stampin' Up! Convention for my Rising Star award. This rose had quite a trip home, back to Illinois, where my dear daughter, Hannah, claimed it as her own. The colors in the photo are Certainly Celery, Kraft, Melon Mambo, and Very Vanilla.

To play along in the Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 2, simply create a papercrafted project using these Stampin' Up! colors (or similar shades from other companies), post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call, link your posting back here, and then come back to enter your name and URL in the Mr. Linky box. You have until Sunday, September 13th at noon (CST) to enter your project.

I will once again be picking my FAVORITE(s) Curtain Call Color Challenge submission(s) that will be announced as the Curtain Call Show Stopper at the end of the week!



Those who are chosen as Show Stoppers will receive this award to post on their blog and share the exciting news! I will be picking more than one Show Stopper each week depending on the number of entries there are. There will be awards given out for every ten Curtain Call Color Challenge entries!



I used a new technique on this rosey card called Striped Brayering. I just watched the Workshop Wow DVD last night that I bought when I was at convention a few weeks ago. The Striped Brayering technique is one of the "wow" techniques featured on the DVD. It's super easy! All you do is run just the edge of your brayer along the ink pad(s) and apply to the cardstock in a striped fashion. Start with your light color first and then add more contrasting ones as desired.





Stamps: A Rose is a Rose
Paper: Kraft, Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla CS
Ink: Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery
Other: Kraft Corduroy Buttons, Mat Pack & Paper Piercing Tool, Sponge Daubers, Brayer, Stampin' Dimensionals




10 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Stacey, welcome back. I have missed you and your challenge.

Andrea

Teresa Kline said...

I am thrilled you are back, this weeks colos are awesome...thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

enjoy *~*

Pam Speidel said...

I was wondering where you had been Stacey! Congrats on being a Rising Start with Stampin' Up! Your rose is beautiful and makes the perfect inspiration photo for your Curtain Call Color Challenge. Can't wait to play! :)

LeAnne said...

I was patiently waiting for your return....glad your move is over and you're back in the stamping groove! Can't wait to play again!
Hugs,
LeAnne
PS: MISSED YOU

Rochelle said...

You are back! I have been checking your blog for the challenge almost every day! I will get something done in the next few days!

Julie Davison said...

Welcome back to stamping and blogging! It seems like it has been much longer than it actually has! Looks like you're getting close to a blogging milestone too...lots of celebrate! :)

Martina Gaydoul said...

Hi Stacy,
welcome back and thanks for these wonderful colors.
I haven't melon mambo but I think rose red is also a good choise.

Martina

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Whoa, you are back and how did I miss all the fun new posts?! I love them all!! Butterflies, halloween and roses. Glad to see you blogging again, so when I need it, I can come here for inspiration. :)

Betty J Schaub said...

Good to see you back at it girl!!!
I will try to play along this week.
Love Ya,
Betty

Sue said...

Good to see you back Stacey- I have reeeeeeeeally missed your challenges! am looking forward to being motivated again- thanks