Sunday, January 24, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 13



This Arabesque Pop Scarf from Anthropologie has tiny black and white polka dots and checkerboards with splashes of bright orange and pink flourishes and plumes. I'll be using Basic Black, Whisper White, Pink Passion, and Pumpkin Pie from Stampin' Up! for my creation.

To join us in the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 13, simply create a papercrafted project using these colors (or similar shades), post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call, link your posting back here, and then come back to enter your name and URL in the Mr. Linky box. You have until Sunday, January 24th at noon (CST) to enter your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 13 project.



Those who are chosen as Show Stoppers will be awarded this badge to post on their blog and share the exciting news! I will be picking more than one Show Stopper for every ten Curtain Call Color Challenge submissions!



I was inspired to use the Orange Bead Duo and add a little sparkle to my card today. To do this the easy way, just place a piece of sticky strip and sprinkle the beads until covered. I really like the images I've seen lately stamped on designer paper, so I had to do a little of that myself. What do you think?





Stamps: Flower Fancy, With All My Heart
Paper: Pink Passion, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Glossy White CS, Petal Party SSK
Ink: Black Stazon, Pink Passion
Other: Orange Bead Duo, Sticky Strip, Scallop Trim Punch, Black Striped Ribbon




21 comments:

Julie Marshall said...

Love that black ribbon with all these colors. It ties it all together. TFS!

Kathy said...

I am liking the inspiration, Stacey. Thankyou for another challenge.. I am hooked!
Kathy

Pam Speidel said...

Gorgeous colors! Count me in on this one! :)

Shelley said...

Great card! Love the beads AND the stamping on the DSP!

Denise Marzec said...

WOWWWWW is that gorgeous!

Sue said...

thanks for the sensational colours, was a pleasure to work with them!

Natasha said...

I LOVE this card Stacey!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome colors and what a beautiful card - Stacy!!! Hugs ~S~

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, the colours are absolutely striking on your card!! The combo may be difficult for some, but you did such a great job with it! :)

Lynn Put said...

Wonderful card Stacey! I love these colors and how you stamped on the designer paper!

Cat said...

just found your blog and had to comment. i LOVE this card - and your color combos are great too. TFS

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Oh man, I haven't been checkin' the blogs in a while. This is great fun to be back and I love this color combo- my goal is to play tonight!!!! LOVE IT STACEY!!!!!!

Samantha said...

LOVE these colors! Thanks for the challange!

Carol L said...

Beautifully done following the color inspiration!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Awesome colors, Stacey - I combined this with my Unscripted sketch for Saturday, so I'll be sure to upload then!

dj said...

I told you I would have to make a card based on your inspiration!! All the credit goes to you, girl!! Thanks for a great color combo challenge!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Wahooo - FINALLY - lol!!! These colors are so fab and dramatic - I love them!!! I had fun playing along!!! Hugs ~S~

Amy White said...

Fab colours! Lovely and cheerful!

Teresa Kline said...

I am so glad I got to play Stacey, sorry I have not in awhile. I wasn't sure if you where even doing the CC, through the holidays. I didn't see any new posts. So glad you are back on track with the CC...have a wonderful day!

enjoy *!*

Tina Joergens said...

Love these colors. This is my first time playing along. Thanks!

Allison Taylor said...

Did anyone actually purchase the Anthropologie Arabesque Pop Scarf? If so and you're willing to sell it, please contact me (allisonmccue@hotmail.com) and I'll make you a killer offer. I'm dying to have it and they are sold out online and in stores.