Sunday, January 31, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 14



As I was perusing for some color inspiration for this week's Curtain Call, I came across these adorable Sweet Sachets at MarthaStewart.com. This stack of cashmere-looking sweaters and sachets have such soft and soothing colors...perfect for a wintery project or for a baby card. I used Stampin' Up!'s Bashful Blue, Orchid Opulence, Almost Amethyst, and Whisper White...I hope you'll join me and pull out those baby blue and lavender hues for a soft and soothing creation:)

To join us in the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 14, simply create a papercrafted project using these colors (or similar shades), post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call, link your posting back here to the Stamping Stage, and then come back to enter your name and the exact link to your project in the Mr. Linky box. You have until Saturday, January 31st at midnight (CST) to enter your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 14 project.



Those who are chosen as Show Stoppers will be awarded this badge to post on their blog and share the exciting news! I will be picking more than one Show Stopper for every ten Curtain Call Color Challenge submissions!



For this sweet little baby boy card, I used Bashful Blue textured cardstock for the base layered with some designer series paper from last year's Sale-a-bration promotion called Delicate Dots. After adding a little detail with the Scallop Trim Punch and rounding a couple of corners, I tied it off with some yummy 1" Bashful Blue Grosgrain. The elephant image from Nursery Necessities was stamped in Orchid Opulence and paired up with a little blue button from the Sherbet Designer Buttons pack.





Stamps: Nursery Necessities
Paper: Bashful Blue textured cs, Whisper White, Almost Amethyst CS
Ink: Orchid Opulence
Other: Sherbet Designer Buttons, Scallop Trim Punch, Corner Rounder




12 comments:

Shelley said...

My exact words upon seeing the new color challenge......"ooooooh!"

It's been a while since I worked in Subtles, not sure why, I like 'em! My second fave color family, before Earth Elements!

li-bee-ti said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! great color combo and gorgeous card!

Carol L said...

I LOVE this color combo and resulting card!! It's AMAZING!!!

Rochelle said...

Soft colors...different for me, but I enjoyed it! Thanks!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - these colors are fabulous!!!Love them!!! I'll try to play :)!!!

Your card is super duper cute - Stacey!!! Perfect colors for a baby card!!! Hugs ~S~

Nicole said...

Great color challenge! I had fun playing along! Looking forward to the next one! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Beautiful colours Stacey, and such a sweet card!

C said...

Adorable Stacey! Hope I can find time to play.

Unknown said...

What a fun color challenge - oh boy was it a challenge for me! They look so pretty together though! Thanks for letting me play along - it's my first time! {smile}.

Silke Ledlow said...

Stacey - *thank* you for inspiring me this week!!! Hugs ~S~

Teresa Kline said...

Stacey,

Thank you so much for the kind words they mean so much!

About my sewing machine, I leave it out all the time. I adore the stitching so much it does not seem like a chore. I have a hard time making a card without stitching. I change colors rather often too. Get it out and leave it out you will be glad you did, can't wait to see the colors for tomorrow....hehehe.

enjoy *~*

Lynn Put said...

Darling baby boy card Stacey! The colors for your challenge were great! Next time I'm jumping in!