Sunday, February 21, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 17



We've been craving some warm sunshine here in the Midwest, so what a perfect color inspiration this photograph is for this week! I found this wonderful inspiration called Sunshine Yellow Color Pallette from The Sweetest Occasion. The colors of these vintage clutches remind me of So Saffron, Going Gray, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, and More Mustard.

To join us in the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 17, simply create a papercrafted project using these colors (or similar shades), post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call, link your posting back here to the Stamping Stage, and then come back to enter your name and the exact link to your project in the Mr. Linky box. You have until Saturday, February 20th before midnight (CST) to enter your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 17 project.

Those who are chosen as Show Stoppers will be awarded this badge to post on their blog and share the exciting news! I will be picking more than one Show Stopper for every ten Curtain Call Color Challenge submissions!



Embrace Life



I went a little crazy with the color spritzer...spritzed a little to much, I think! Anyway, I love the layout of the card that I found in the new Paper Crafts magazine...wow, there's some great inspiration in there! Have any of you ever sent a card to Paper Crafts for a contest before?

I did a little collage stamping using the Embrace Life stamp set. The images were inked up in So Saffron & Going Gray, then colored in with More Mustard and a Blender Pen. I spritzed some more color (More Mustard & Going Gray) over the entire card, so you'll see hints of it here and there:)





Stamps: Embrace Life
Paper: So Saffron, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Going Gray, Very Vanilla CS, Autumn Meadows DSP
Ink: So Safrron, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Going Gray
Other: Blender Pen, Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, 3/16" Jumbo Brads, Color Spritzer, Eyelet Border Punch, Mat Pack & Paper Piercing Tool




17 comments:

Marisa said...

Oooh, what a fun colour combo. Hope to be able to play again this week. the Olympics are taking first seat to most things since we are the host city and I'm an Olympic junkie so hopefully, I can sneak this in sometime. Great sample card. I sent you my e-mail. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll post it in a comment here.

Julie Davison said...

I LOVE these colors!! Can't wait to play!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - these colors are drop dead fab!!! I love them....my girls are off this week so I know I'll play!!!

Happy Valentine!!! Hope you will have a sweet one!!! Hugs ~S~

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful card and great colours!

Anonymous said...

Stacey - thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment! I'm happy you did because I came to yours and WOW! I love every card on here! Seriously, this one is STUNNING, as well as so many more.

I'll be back for more, that's for sure!

Have a great week,
Jackie

Shelley said...

I don't think you went over board with the spritzer at all. It looks great. Love the houndstooth. I haven't used ANY mine, yet. Although I do have a houndstooth idea planned for sometime down the road.....

Sue said...

you have set the bar high with your card this week, I love the spritzing, may need to put that on my wish list!!

Patti Painter said...

My first time to your blog was yesterday and I decided to play in your challenge. Lovely card....
I do not have a blog but I uploaded my card to my gallery at SCS. Thanks for the fun!!
--------
Patti--clayshooter at SCS

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wowza Stacey!! Does your card rock or what?! Love your stamping here!! xx

Michele Kovack said...

SO pretty!!! And it is funny that you ask....I submitted a card for the World Cardmaking Day contest.....and won! My card is in this month's issue! Of course I don't actually have a copy of the magazine yet......I've only heard from others that it is in there! LOL!

Patti Painter said...

Stacey,
Hope you don't mind but I decided to try a second card, a more manly card card with your color selection. Having a fun week here in Virginia.
-------------
Patti

Cathy Clark said...

Stacey, thank you for your nice comment about my entry. Did I not do everything I was supposed to do to link it? I'm pretty new to the "challenge thing" and maybe I missed something??? Please advise!
Thanks!
Cathy Clark

Silke Ledlow said...

Stacey...these colors were harder then I thought...LOL....but I had fun playing!!!

Your sample card is gorgeous...totally forgot to mention that before!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Lisa Salkeld said...

This is a gorgeous color combination and the cards folks are creating are just beautiful!!

Rochelle said...

What fun colors Stacey! I enjoyed working with them this week, as usual! Thanks!

Arielle H Gordon said...

ughh - i missed it! I loved your colors, Stacey... don't know how I ran out of time this week... heck I may just play this one anyway tomorrow! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Julie Davison said...

I missed the deadline. I've been sick all week and haven't stamped much. But I love this color combo and hope to use it soon! I'll post when I do. Better late than never, right?