Friday, April 2, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 23

The Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 23 posting will remain at the top of my blog page through Friday night. Scroll down to view more recent projects.



After hitting you all with a bright & bold color scheme last week, I felt it was time to calm things down a bit. Look at this gorgeous inspiration room with the Sydney Damask wallpaper at Thibaut Design. I love the subtle Pretty in Pink, Whisper White & Kraft with the contrast of Basic Black!

To participate in the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 23...

1. Create a papercrafted (card, scrapbook page, or 3D) project using these colors or similar shades.
2. Post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call including a direct link back here to the challenge.
3. Enter your name and the exact link to your project in the Mr. Linky box below.

Please note the new deadline will be Friday night: You have until Friday, April 2nd before midnight (CST) to enter your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 23 project.

Join us for the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 23 and you could be one of the next Show Stoppers! We have two new award up for grabs! Those chosen as "The Lead" and "Top 5" will receive an award to post on their blog(s) and share the exciting news!




Praying for You



I inked up this lovely image from the Thoughts & Prayers stamp set in Black Stazon and attached three flowers punched from the Boho Flower Punch with the Pretty in Pink Epoxy Brads. The layered designer paper is from the Sending Love & Bella Bleu pack, the perimeter of the kraft print stitched with the sewing machine. The real wow is that yummy Basic Black Satin bow!





Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers
Paper: Kraft, White Naturals, Whisper White CS, Sending Love & Bella Bleu DSP
Ink: Black Stazon
Other: Pretty in Pink Epoxy Brads, Boho Flower Punch, Basic Black Satin Ribbon




The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, so make sure you stop by to see:

Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection


...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 23 creation using Mr. Linky back here at Stacey's Stamping Stage.



36 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty!! I love the stitching that you added to it! Great job with the color challenge this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Stacey, the colour choice for this week is right up my alley - so very elegant! I love the stitching on your card (in times like this I wish I had more options in my sewing machine...), and the flowers are terrific!

Sue said...

absolutely stunning! just loooooove what you have done with the flowers. yet again another inspiring creation! :)

jamfiescreations1 said...

This color combination is so beautiful and elegant. I will have fun with this one.

Heather Rogers said...

Fabulous colors, Stacy! YOur card is just lovely. Can't wait to participate. Black is a color I never use...BUT...I do love pink, so I am sure I can squeeze some black in. :)

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Stacey!! Love the flowers you added to this fabulous image. Simple gorgeous :D

Anonymous said...

Your card is georgeous Stacey. Great colors this week.
Nadia

Lynn Put said...

Great color combo Stacey! Your card is fantastic! I love how you added the epoxy brads to the flowers!

Amy White said...

Gorgeous card Stacey! That stamp with the flower/brads is fabulous and I totally agree with you about the wow factor of that black ribbon! :)

funnypixel said...

Your Card is beautiful and i love this color combination.
Nicole

Julie said...

Another stunner from our fabulous leader!!! Fantastic card Stacey!

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous, Stacey! Your creations continue to amaze me!

Shelley said...

This was hardly a challenge, Stacey....I love these colors so much! I think the flowers a top the black stamped image is genius (wink, wink!) Funny how things work out! You know how much I love stitching, so I love this!

Lisette Gibbons said...

I instantly fell in love with this colour challenge. So happy I've come across your blog.

Kooky said...

I always like your colour challenges, I struggled with finding any matching DSP in my stock in the colours but I think it looked better plain. Thanks for the great inspiration.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

Stacey,

Thank you for your comments and the "friendly tip". I will be adding the link on my blog! :o)

Tammy said...

Love the colours and inspiration photo this week!! Just linked my card up!

Christina said...

Love this color combo, and your card is beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous color combination! I can't see Mr. Linky, so Here is my card.

Nicole said...

Great card and color combo! I had fun playing along! :)

Angela said...

Really love this soft beautiful colour combo! I loved the sample you have done too!

Betty J Schaub said...

What a fun color combo Stacey! I really loved working with these colors. Besides they match my blog background. :O)

Silke Ledlow said...

Good Morning Stacey :)!!! Your Color combo was once again fabulous and I had so much fun I had to make two cards :)!!!

Your sample card is GORGEOUS!!! I love your clean and elegant style!!! Hugs ~S~

Rochelle said...

These colors were just what I needed to work with this week Stacey. Thanks!

Arlett said...

Oh, what a beautiful card and what an elegant color combination. Love them!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Great colours this week! I've just linked my creation.

Cynthia Stevenson said...

Your card is wonderful. I really liked the color combo.
Cynthia

Nance Leedy said...

A gorgeous inspiration photo and the colors were so elegant and sophisticated. Thanks for a great challenge!

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh, this is lovely! Great colors and I love how you put those big pink brads in the flowers!

Lesley said...

Hi Stacey!

I played!!! Hooray! It has been a busy week and I didn't think I would make it but I did, just under the wire! Thanks for the great colours!

Smiles,
Lesley :)

Stephanie Fiereck (Petite Doodle) said...

Love your challenge!

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

hi there
sorry to bother you
am I blind??? I can't find the box to link up my card that I created with your beautiful colour challenge????
here is my link I will try to come back later
thank you sorry again
http://mirrorimage.typepad.com/caroleannes-1st-blog/2010/04/herb-expressions-turns-colour-wash-faux-bleach.html

Heather Rogers said...

I didn't get mine posted in time last night. Her is mine if you would like to take a look. Loved the colors. :)

http://simplyhandmadebyheather.blogspot.com/

Helen Ding said...

Argh, can't believe I missed the deadline, was sat on my desk all made yesterday afternoon too!

http://helending.blogspot.com/2010/04/sweet-pea.html

Scrappywonder said...

SHOOT! LOL, I missed the cut off for the linky, however, I guess ther's a few of us ;) thanks for pushing me to use black (other than Halloween)!! R ;)


here's my card: http://scrappywonder.blogspot.com/2010/04/inspiration-in-action-123-curtain-call.html

Andrea said...

Stacey, your card is so pretty. Love the flowers and Brads.