Friday, April 30, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge: {ACT 27}

This posting will remain at the top of the page through Friday night when the Curtain Call Color Challenge #27 closes. Please scroll down to see recent postings.



How gorgeous and fresh are these flowers at A Creative Mint. This site is loaded with color inspiration, so I'm sure you'll be seeing more at a future Curtain Call! This week, we're using Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White & Certainly Celery.

To participate in the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 27...

1. Create a papercrafted (card, scrapbook page, or 3D) project using these colors or similar shades.
2. Post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call 27 and make sure to include a link back here to the challenge.
3. Enter your name and the direct link to your project in the Mr. Linky box below.

Please note the new deadline will be Friday night: You have until Friday, April 30th before midnight (CST) to enter your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 27 project.

Join us for the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 27 and you could be one of the next Show Stoppers! We have two awards up for grabs plus a giveaway (details below)! Those chosen as "The Lead" and "Top 5" will receive an award to post on their blog(s) and share the exciting news!





For All You Do



For my card, I used a Pink Pirouette cardbase, layered with Melon Mambo & Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper. The main panel includes a stem/leaf image & sentiment from the For All You Do stamp set that I just FREE in the mail for my Sale-a-bration reward:) The Melon Mambo flower was punched from the Extra Large Fancy Flower punch and stacked with a Pink Pirouette Fleurette and Certainly Celery button from the Sherbet Designer Buttons pack. After a little crochet thread laced through the button and a little Certainly Celery Satin wrapped around the card front, it is ready to give to someone special.





Stamps: For All You Do
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, retired DSP
Ink: Certainly Celery
Other: Certainly Celery Satin, Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch, retired Fleurettes, Sherbet Designer Buttons, White Crochet Thread, Sewing Machine, Thread (non-SU)




The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, so make sure you stop by to see:

Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection


...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 27 creation using Mr. Linky back here at Stacey's Stamping Stage.



32 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

*Simply* stunning Stacey... the grid pattern on the DP, and the crocheted flower just do the job for me. I want to hug this card. lol

Sue said...

this is beautiful Stacey, I love the way your bows always look so perfect!! the sewing around the edge really sets the card off!! :)

Kathy Martin said...

Beautiful flowers for the color palette and a fun card! Love that crochet piece! :)

Julie said...

Just beautiful!! I love the crocheted flower...which reminds me that I have some of them that a friend made for me. I also love the stitching! I need a little sewing machine!

Julie Marshall said...

This card is sooo pretty and feminine. Love it! TFS.

Mary Brown said...

Love your use of the crochet flower! Works perfectly on your card! GREAT color challenge today!

Marisa said...

Just love your card, Stacey!! The crocheted flower over the punched one is brilliant. Lovely use of this week's colours :D

Nicole said...

Another beatiful card, Stacey! Love it! Also love the color combo this week. I had fun playing along! :)

Diane Gilbert said...

This is beautiful Stacey!!! LOVE this color combination, can't wait to play along!!

Amy White said...

Gorgeous card Stacey! Love that crocheted flower layered over the punched flower - so pretty!

Silke Ledlow said...

Happy Sunday Stacey!!! Your sample card is once again FABULOUS!!! Love the big flower and of course the rockin' colors!!! Hugs ~S~

Julie said...

oh i so love those colours. hope to get the chance to play around with it.

Sarah Gough said...

Great colours this week! Loved it.

Big Mamma~ a.k.a. Mary S said...

what a beautiful card. Love it.

Juliana said...

Hi Stacey,

I nominated you for a Sunshine Award! Thanks for all the hard work you do and share on your blog!!

Juliana

http://a-stamp-a-day.blogspot.com/2010/04/sunshine-award.html

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Adore these colors together - they just make me happy!! Thanks so much for a fabulous challenge. Your sample is adorable!!

Janetcraft said...

the colors are so fresh and lovely

Janetcraft said...

the colors are so fresh and lovely

Irit Shalom said...

Stacey hello!! First of all- your card is outstanding. Second- I really want to thank you for the prize I got today- WOW AND WOW again
I've never seen SU products (no one sells it in Israel)- and these are so gorgeous!! The stamp set is the cutest one I 've ever had!! Need to try it- but after my Morocco vacation (in 2 days)
Thanks again!! See u!!

MindyYoung said...

Great color combo! Keep them coming!

Cindy Beach said...

Love these colors, Stacy!
Sorry that I didn't check my greens better, I used olive by mistake. ' Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Sam said...

Thank you for the inspiration. I loved these colors and am so glad I had an opportunity to play along this week.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the wonderful color combo challenge, Stacey. It's my first take and I hope I will play along regularly :):)

Diane Gilbert said...

LOVED this week's color challenge!! Thanks so much for the inspiration! Your card is adorable, those crochet flowers are so fun to work with!

Tammy said...

Love, Love, Love peony flowers. I can already see the buds starting on the many Peony plants I have in my gardens. I'm thinking I need a Peony stamp! Great inspiration--I just linked up my card!

Lesley said...

Finally got a chance to link up my card! Was combatting blogger all week!!!

Love the pretty colours Stacey!
Lesley ;)

Staci said...

I like the colors! Thanks for the challenge.

Mary Marsh said...

this is my first time playing in this challenge, stacey. the colors you chose are so vibrant-I loved using them together.
your sample is fab-love the crocheted flower

Shandell said...

I LOVED this week's challenge!!

Candace said...

Love this colour combination... thanks for posting this challenge!

Unknown said...

Love your card this week Stacey, and the colours were Fab.

Ange

Rochelle said...

What fun girly colors Stacey!