Friday, June 18, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge: {ACT 34}



These Dip-Die Pillows at West Elm remind me of a father relaxing on the deck, resting his neck on one of these...the perfect Father's Day setting! The colors are masculine and modern and I love them, so get ready to have some fun with Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Basic Gray & Dusty Durango.

To participate in the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 34...

1. Create a papercrafted (card, scrapbook page, or 3D) project using these colors or similar shades.
2. Post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call 34 and make sure to include a link back here to the challenge.
3. Enter your name and the direct link to your project in the Mr. Linky box below.

Please note the deadline will be Friday night: You have until Friday, June 19th before midnight (CST) to enter your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 34 project.



Join us for the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 34 and you could be one of the next Show Stoppers! We have two awards up for grabs plus a giveaway (details below)! Those chosen as "The Lead" and "Top 5" will receive an award to post on their blog(s) and share the exciting news!  

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY





What would I do without the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set? It has just about every sentiment you'd ever need all in one set...and the sentiments are small to fit in any nook and cranny of your card! And, the Lovely as a Tree stamp set just screams MASCULINE, don't you think? Thank goodness they are both in the new catty, so you can get yours if you don't already have it (wink:)



After stamped the tree image in Basic Gray, I rocked the edge of the stamp just a little in Dusty Durango for some added color. The three Father's Day cards I need are made, now, I just have to decide who is getting what card.



Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Dusty Durango, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Razzleberry Lemonade, Nouveou Chic & Thoroughly Modern DSP
Ink: Basic Gray, Dusty Durango, Sahara Sand, Black Stazon
Other: Cutter Kit, Dusty Durango Polka-Dotted Grosgrain, Vintage Brads, Mat Pack & Paper Piercing Tool


The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection and 

our fabulous Guest Designer for June...Christina MacLaren at Seaglass & Sentiments.

...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 34 creation using Mr. Linky back here at Stacey's Stamping Stage.



19 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the touch of durango on the top of the tree and a great ribbon treatment too.

Shelley said...

Just love all your layers and that strong oak tree stamp! Very nice Father's Day card! You know I'm lovin' that ribbon treatment, too!

Amy White said...

Wow what a FABULOUS man's card - Love the two-toned tree with the mix of DSP and ripped layers - perfect!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Look at all the texture - how rich! Fantastic work yet again! xxx

Julie said...

Oh my word....love all the distressing on this! Super super card Stacey!

Vannessa said...

Gorgeous samples!

I absolutely love Sahara Sand with Rich Razzleberry now - I would never have used these together before this challenge. Am going to do a card with just those 2 - thanks for the inspiration!

Erin said...

I have the challenge finished, but I don't see Mr. Linky. I'll link it up here and keep checking for Mr. Linky.

http://scrapsbyerin.blogspot.com/2010/06/sunday.html

Thanks!

Christina said...

Love the distressing on this, Stacey! That tree stamp is perfect for a masculine card, and the ribbon treatment is fab, as always!

Sue said...

Wow Stacey, you have done it again! Love the loopy ribbon and the nice strong tree- just like Dad (the tree not the loops!!) :)

Nicole said...

Another fun color combo and beautiful sample! I had fun playing along! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW this is a cool combo GF!!! I won't have enough time to play this this week....we are heading up North!!! But I'll save it for the future!!!

Beautiful sample card Stacey!!! Love the ribbon treatment and it's perfect for Father's Day!!! Hugs ~S~

Betty J Schaub said...

Love this color combo. Unfortunately I don't have ANY of those colors.
Oh well, maybe next time.

Jade's stamproom blog said...

I really enjoyed the colors! I gave away all my dusty durango, so I used tangerine tango, and I think you can't even tell. Love it!

Sandybeaches said...

Wow...it was such a great colour combo to 'play' with! Thanks:)

connys blog said...

Hi Stacey,
extraordinary colours;).But I try it.
Thanks
Conny

Tammy Clarke said...

Wow, so many beautiful cards. Thanks for this challenge Stacey, I had fun with it.

StampinBetty said...

Surprisingly Great color combo...you were right this was perfect for a Father's Day card!! Thx!

Nance Leedy said...

WOW, bold colors this week--but I loved them together! Glad I could play this week. Thanks for the inspiration and your card is as gorgeous as always! :-)

Sally Shield said...

Absolutely loved this colour combo!!