Thursday, June 10, 2010

Up, Up and Away



This stamp set is so fun to work with...it's the Up, Up & Away stamp set from Verve. It's great because not only is it perfect for coloring with Copics, but I love to paper-piece with it:)




Verve's Ready Set Stamp Challenge
that ends on Monday is to use this fabulous set, Up, Up & Away. The prize of the contest is a $30 gift certificate to the Verve store...how awesome is that!?



Here is the sketch and inspiration room I selected to play along at the Viva la Verve June Week 2 Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. Go check it out...super fun...there are two more inspiration rooms to choose from!



The largest background panel was stitched with my sewing machine for a little added depth and interest. I paper pieced the clouds and the balloon for the focal panel, colored the basket in with a Copic and stamped the sentiment with Black Momento ink. After die cutting the circle and scallop circle, I layered everything up and finished it off with a yummy yellow bow and some buttons:)



Here's another card that I made earlier in May using this awesome stamp set, Up Up & Away...click here to go to that posting.



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, folks!



Stamps: Up, Up & Away (Verve)
Paper: cardstock & designer paper (Taylored Expressions June Key Ingredients)
Ink: Black Tuxedo (Momento)
Other: buttons & ribbon (Taylored Expressions June Key Ingredients), Circle/Scallop Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)


7 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Outstanding artwork! Very creative & very inspirational!

Christina said...

This is so pretty! Love the paper piecing and that cute little cluster of buttons in the corner. This combo of colors is so sweet!

Ann said...

These are fabulous, Stacey! I love the color combos, and the mix of dots & gingham on the first one is so fresh & fun!

Jen said...

oh my word!!! perfection! the colors, design...i love them!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Both cards are WOW Stacey!!! Both color combos are awesome and what perfect designs!!! I think these are the cutest cards I have seen with this VV Set!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Luanne said...

These are both absolutely adorable! I think this may be the next set I purchase from Verve. Darling! :-)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow, these are both gorgeous! Love all the beautiful little accents. Thanks for playing! :0