Friday, July 30, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge: {ACT 40}



I couldn't resist the fun and lively color inspiration from this stack of Ikea kitchen towels posted on the What's For Lunch Honey blog. The photographer, Meeta, on this inspirational blog is one talented gal! The Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss, Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White was perfect to ink up the new Funky Four stamp set! Can't wait to see what you all come up with this week!

To participate in the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 40...

1. Create a papercrafted (card, scrapbook page, or 3D) project using these colors or similar shades.
2. Post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call 40 and make sure to include a link back here to the challenge.
3. Enter your name and the direct link to your project in the Mr. Linky box below.

Please note the deadline will be Friday night. You have until Friday, July 30th before midnight (CST) to enter your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 40 project.

Join us for the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 40 and you could be one of the next Show Stoppers! We have two awards up for grabs plus a giveaway (details below)! Those chosen as "The Lead" and "Top 5" will receive an award to post on their blog(s) and share the exciting news!





Thanks a Gazillion



How cute is that tree image from the Funky Four stamp set? and I love the coordinating Play Date DSP...





Stamps: Funky Four, Really Retro
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White CS, Play Date DSP
Ink: Kiwi Kiss & Basic Black
Other: Polka Dot Real Red Grosgrain, Fresh Favorites II Buttons, Linen Thread, Modern Label Punch, Nestabilites (non-SU)


The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection and 
our fabulous Guest Designer for July...Silke Ledlow at My Life.

...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 40 creation using Mr. Linky back here at Stacey's Stamping Stage.



29 comments:

Marisa said...

Darling tree image and card! This colours made my brain smoke LOL!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a beautiful, graphic card, Stacey!! Looks like a fun stamp set too :)

Vannessa said...

Can't find Mr Linky so I'll leave a link here - I loved this combo!

http://saffiresstamping.blogspot.com/2010/07/sundays-challenge-cards.html

Hugs, Vannessa

Unknown said...

I loved this challenge but I too cannot find Mr. Linky.. here is my link http://serendipitycraftshop.blogspot.com

Thanks!
Susan Kohl

Laurel said...

Fantastic card! I can't find Mr. Linky either so here are my 2 cards:

http://want2scrap.blogspot.com/2010/07/american-crafts-and-curtain-call.html

Andrea said...

Beautiful card.

Debbie said...

Mr. Linky appears to be on vacation, so here is my link:

http://debssimpletreasures.blogspot.com/2010/07/vintage-card-class-1.html

Thanks,

Debbie

Amy White said...

So cute! Love the spotty ribbon with the spotty DSP!

Cynthia said...

I too can not find mr. linky, so below is my post.

cynthia richards

http://inkadoodlecreations.blogspot.com/2010/07/curtain-call-color-challenge-act-40-and.html

Shelley said...

Cute use of this set and the color combo! I know Mr. Linky will appear before too long!

Ellen said...

What a great color combination! Very fresh and fun. I couldn't find Mr. Linky, so here's the link to my creation:
http://twinstampingmom.blogspot.com/2010/07/curtain-call-color-challenge-act-40.html
Thanks! Ellen

Piali said...

Wow!! stacey..what a fabulous color combo..love it.Mr. linky is on vacation so here is my card
Thanks.

Colleen Begley said...

Love the Funky Four set and love the way you used it. Mine is on order and should arrive soon. This is my first attempt at the Curtain Call Color Challenge. It fun to see how different each card is even with the same colors. Thanks!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great colors.

Sue said...

I don't know where you found the time to make this little gem with all your convention prep!! Perfect selection of DS paper- oh dots! :)

Lynn Put said...

Adorable Funky Four tree card! Love the polka dot ribbon and button detail!
This was a fun color challenge thank you!

Silke Ledlow said...

Stacey, thank you for a wonderful month. I had so much fun playing along with you all...you know I'll be playing as much as I can in the future!!!

Your sample card is super cute and beautiful. Love this tree image too!!! See you soon...hugs ~S~

Emily Keaton said...

I was inspired by Marisa to check out this challenge--loved these colors this week! I really had fun making my card. Thanks a bunch :)

Kathy Leroy said...

Thanks for this nice challenge and all those marvellous inspiration cards !

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like the combo of bright and cheery colors. And as it turns out, I had patterned paper with these same colors and was able to make three cards with this combo.

Meg said...

Love the card and thanks for the inspiration!

Ann said...

What an awesome color combo, Stacey! Thanks for a fun one!

Gisèle said...

Thanks for the great challenge. It was out of my comfort zone but I'm still really glad I tried it.

Wanda Cullen said...

This was truly a challenge for me, but that's why I like to go outside my comfort zone and try new combos!

Unknown said...

Such fun colors!! LOVE it:)

Angela said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the colours this week! and Love your sample! there is something about red & turquoise... love it

TannyP said...

Quite a challenge for my first time joining in, but I'm glad I tried. Thanks for the inspiration, ladies!

Christina said...

I really enjoyed this color combo, though I didn't think I would! Thanks for always challenging me to try new things!
Your little tree is so adorable, as is that little turquoise button. Lovely design, Stacey!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love your card and all of the other samples. This one was out of my "comfort zone" but I am glad I tried it (isn't that what the challenges are all about?) :-) I decided to make two cards- both completely different.

Thanks again for the weekly inspiration!