Friday, August 27, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge: {ACT 44}

A new Curtain Call Color Challenge is posted every Sunday! This posting will remain at the top of the page until the challenge closes on Friday night. Please scroll down to see updates through the week:)



It has been incredibly HOT in the midwest the past week or so! With school starting in this kind of heat, it really makes you want to get back to the pool:) This photo, Color Your Summer at Hostess with the Mostess, seemed to be the perfect inspiration to celebrate the joys of summer one more time before the busy school schedules and the fall season sets in.

To participate in the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 44...

1. Create a papercrafted (card, scrapbook page, or 3D) project using these colors or similar shades.
2. Post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call 44 and make sure to include a link back here to the challenge.
3. Enter your name and the direct link to your project in the Mr. Linky box below.

Please note the deadline will be Friday night. You have until Friday, August 27th before midnight (CST) to enter your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 44 project.

Join us for the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 44 and you could be one of the next Show Stoppers! We have two awards up for grabs plus a giveaway (details below)! Those chosen as "The Lead" and "Top 5" will receive an award to post on their blog(s) and share the exciting news!






Happy Thoughts Make Happy Days...




I inked up this darling stamp set, Apple Blossoms, and stamped the whimsical branch in all three of the Curtain Call colors, Tempting Turquoise, Poppy Parade, and Daffodil Delight. What a happy combination it makes! After adding a few rhinestones and Poppy Parade Poly Twill, this card was finished with ease.





Stamps: Apple Blossoms
Paper: Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White CS, Island Oasis DSP
Ink: Black Stazon, Poppy Parade, Tempting Turquoise & Daffodil Delight
Other: Eyelet Border Punch, Poppy Parade Poly Twill ribbon, Rhinestones


The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection 
and 
our fabulous Guest Designer for August...Teresa Kline at Enjoy the VA Sunshine.


...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 44 creation using Mr. Linky back here at Stacey's Stamping Stage.



31 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Love love LOVE this piece!!! How cheerful, bold, stunning!! :)

Karen Giron said...

LOVE, love this color combo! Turquoise and red is one of my faves! Your card is absolutely fabulous too! I hope to play this week!

Sue said...

You have made me want the next week to go so quick so I can get my hands on those stamps and the colours!! What a clean and crisp little number!! :)

Julie said...

Rockin' color combo this week Stacey! I love love love your card! That stamp is too cool!!!

Julie Davison said...

LOVE this color combo! I hope to have time to play this week! Your card is great too! The rhinestones are the perfect touch!

Christina said...

Stacey, this one is a total stunner! I love this darling stamp and it really pops in these colors. Bright, bold, and totally fab!

Melissa said...

Stacey - this is amazing! I love the stamp you used and the little bitta' bling is PERFECT! Fabulous, as always. :)

Marisa said...

I just love that leaf image and you have used it to perfection. Fabulous work with this week's colours.

Mary Brown said...

LOVE your card Stacey! I just might have to case it! It is amazing how that set works with such a variety of color combos!

Debby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debby said...

Thank you so much for providing such great challenges. I picked this latest one to try my very first challenge!

Amy White said...

What a fabulously vibrant card Stacey! Loving that Poppy Parade colour on yours - really looks fab! And that stamp set looks like it was made for this combo!

Andrea said...

Wow, your card is so gorgeous.

Colleen Begley said...

Hi Stacey,
Love your card. This is one of my favorite new SU sets. I really like the arrangement you did with the tall stems and the rhinestones in the tops work well. Great inspiration for us.

Teresa Kline said...

I luv this stamp set, I wish it was in the regular line...very bold and beautiful!

enjoy *~*

Unknown said...

Thanks once again Stacey for giving us wonderful colors to play with... it reminded me that yes, it's still summer!

Lea L. said...

Love the bold and fresh design of this!! Those stamped flowers are amazing!!

♥♥♥Lea

Vicki Dutcher said...

Thanks for a great color challenge.

Karen said...

Hi Stacey!

Thanks for another fabo challenge! I didn't have the in colours, but just substituted for what I thought looked close!

Karen
x

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Love this card, Stacey!!!

Lynne said...

Love these colours. Really need some cheery colours after the August we`ve had in the UK
Lynne xxx
PS Please ignore my first post I had a senior moment and posted the wrong card :(

Maureen said...

I tend to shy away from all primary cards, but after I made this one for a friend, I noticed that it did you a slight variation of all the colours :)

Kara said...

great colors..thanks for the challenge!

Shelley said...

How beautiful! Your stamped images are impeccable! Not always an easy task with those solid image stamps! Love it so much with the addition of the rhinestone on top!

Unknown said...

Such fun colors! I just love the clean and simple look of the card. It complements the bright colors perfectly! :)

Unknown said...

What a lovely bright colour combination.Love it.

Meredith said...

Such fun bright colors!!!! What a perfect combo for either a fun summer card or a back to school card :) I LOVE your apple blossoms card. It's one of my favorite sets from the new catalog. So fun and cheerful!!

Laura said...

These were fun colors to work with--bright and summery!Thanks for inspiring me each week.

Julie Shaskin said...

What a fun color combination--can't help but smile:)

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF...I l.o.v.e these fun bright colors! Your sample card is fabulous!!!! I so want this SU Set too :) !!! Hugs ~S~

CarlyCo said...

Fabulous color combo this week! The brights are my absolute favorite Yay!