Sunday, January 2, 2011

Curtain Call Color Challenge: {ACT 63} Happy New Year!



This winter scene from asap is our first January color inspiration using Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Cajun Craze and Always Artichoke. Happy New Year!

To participate in the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 63...

1. Create a papercrafted (card, scrapbook page, or 3D) project using these colors or similar shades.
2. Post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call 63 and make sure to include a link back here to the challenge.
3. Enter your name and the direct link to your project in the Mr. Linky box below.

Please note the deadline will be Friday night. You have until Friday, January 7th before midnight (CST) to enter your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 63 project.

Join us for the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 63 and you could be one of the next Show Stoppers! We have two awards up for grabs! Those chosen as "The Lead" and "Top 5" will receive an award to post on their blog(s) and share the exciting news!









The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Christina MacLaren at Seaglass & Sentiments
Jean Martin at Stampin' Scrapper
Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes
Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs
Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio
Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper
Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation
Silke Ledlow at My Life



and January Guest Designer, Danielle Daws.



16 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for the great color combo! I added a bit of pink in as well :)

Kim O'Connell said...

I did it! My 1st color challenge! I struggled with this for a bit, but eventually an idea came to my noggin! Thanks for the inspiration!

Wanda Cullen said...

Great color combo...thanks, Stacey!

Lesley said...

A toughie but a goodie! Loved the challenge! Happy New Year Stacey!
Smiles,
Lesley

Kim S said...

LOVE these colors. Without your challenges, it would never have occurred to me to throw some bashful blue in with the other rich colors! Thank you for all that you do!

Debbie Martin said...

This was my first Curtain Call Color Challenge and I loved it. I'll be back.

Cynthia Stevenson said...

I love playing these challenges. Thanks for the inspiration.
Cynthia Stevenson

Ellen said...

Perfect colors for a guy card (although I did change the blue to Baja Breeze).

Jean McKenzie said...

Sorry Stacey, I am having blogger problems and my card has posted twice. Thank you for the inspiration!

Janelle said...

Surprisingly fun colors to work with. Thanks for making me branch out!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

I thought this was going to be a really tough challenge because they aren't colors that I would normally pair together-but I loved the result! I tried to overthink the colors too much. ;) Thanks for the challenge, Stacey!

Big Mamma~ a.k.a. Mary S said...

I have to say I always love the color combos. Thanks for always having a great challenge.

Tamie said...

Love your color combo, it worked really well with our challenge this week at 4 Crafty Chicks. All of the DT cards are soooooo wonderful. We would love to have you join us for our new challenge, if and whenever you have time. have an awesome day and thanks for the challenge.

Jen W. said...

Thanks for the colour combo! This is my second time playing and I love looking through everyone's take on the colours. There are so many brilliant cardmakers out there!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Thanks Stacey, I have to say, I often screw my nose up at the colours in the challenges you set as they are not normally ones I automatically reach for. I did that this time,too and thought how am i going to pull this off? But doing your challenges helps me to expand and grow creatively PLUS best of all is the feeling of satisfaction that I get from raising to meet your challenges. Keep on challenging us!

Andrea said...

Hi Stacey, Thanks for the Challenge.
Andrea