Monday, August 27, 2012

HEARTFELT

So excited! My Heartfelt card ROCKED the MASHUP! Thanks to the team over at Friday Mashup for the shout-out!
Happy Monday! It's time for another challenge over at The Pink Elephant, TPE 163. This week, the challenge is to create a sympathy/thinking of you project. I couldn't help but remember a dear lady that passed away recently as I was making this card. She was one of the first to welcome my husband and I into our church family many years ago, and I have her delicious sugar cookie recipe, that I will cherish even more now. You will be missed, Bernie, but I know that you are in a better place.
The sketch at Crazy 4 Challenges, C4C151, was just what I needed to get started with my sympathy card.
The color scheme over at Friday Mashup, FM73, using Midnight Muse, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, and Soft Suede worked well for a thank you or a sympathy-themed card. Love the soft, subtle colors! I also submitted this card to the Speedy Fox and Friends #126.
Lots of layers for this one...had fun using some of my Stampin' Up! dies...isn't the doily and the big label fabulous? The flags/pennants I made just cutting strips of designer paper, then punching the bottom with a square punch.
Thanks for stopping by the stage. Head on over to The Pink Elephant and join in on the fun!

All Stampin' Up! today except the baker's twine (PTI) Stamps: Layered Labels Ink: Soft Suede Paper: So Saffron, assorted DSP Other: Big Shot, dies, buttons, baker's twine Pin It

13 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Stacey!! Love the color combo and all the gorgeous layers!! Fabulous job!!

Marisa said...

Love how you over stamped the yellow strip. Wonderful layering and yummy colour combo :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you combined the colors!;o)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful layering and great color combos Stacey!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Every little detail and element on this card is perfection. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally GORGEOUS card Stacey! I'm so happy you had a chance to play the C4C Sketch with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Lili said...

Beautiful card Stacey! I really love every single detail on your card. Thank you for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup!

Amy White said...

Yowza this is amazing Stacey!! Love all the layers and texture you've used (that doily in the background looks so pretty in turqouise). Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week! I really enjoy seeing what you've been creating!

Sue said...

Stunning card! The die cuts and buttons look great as does the colour combination. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Sue x

Pat said...

Beautiful. Love how you matched up the design. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

wannabcre8tive said...

So beautifully done. Love the button with the twine and your color combo. Thanks, for joining us at Speedy Fox and friends.

Winnie and Patty said...

Stacey--this is a wonderful sympathy card! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely sympathy card. great design and colors. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends.