Monday, June 24, 2013

Thanks for Everything - The Pink Elephant Challenge

This card was made especially for a wonderful gal that has teamed up with me for special project!  A big shout-out to her for "everything!"  


 It's Monday, and that means it's time for a new challenge at The Pink Elephant, TPE 205!  Lori drew up a fabulous sketch for us to play along with this week!  I love the alternating panels and place for banners:)

I paired up the sketch with The Play Date Cafe Challenge #187: Zesty...a wonderful summer color palette!  The Catered Crop challenge this week calls for die cuts...you know how I have to have a few of those on my card:)


If you missed my Birthday Linky Party announcement, click HERE for the details!  It's going to be a blast!


I inked up a fabulous flower from The Alley Way Stamps called Tropical Hideaway and paired it up with a sentiment from All About YOU!  The flower was stamped on patterned paper, fussy cut, colored with Copic markers and embellished with Stickles.

INK SPLATTER TIP:  I've been trying and trying to get the PERFECT ink splatter with various sprays and mists and just haven't been able to achieve the look I was going for!  BUT, I finally had a revelation!  Instead of spraying the ink, I open the bottle and let the ink drip from the spray pump...LOVE the bold droplets it makes!  


Thanks so much for stopping by the stage!

Stamps:  Tropical Hideaway, All About YOU (TAWS)
Ink:  Chartreuse Color Spray (Heidi Swapp), Black Stazon (SU), Copic Markers
Paper:  White Cardstock and Delilah staging papers (Colorbök), Color Crush (AC), Seen & Noted (Pebbles)
Other:  Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT), Stickles, Sequins (Avery Elle), sewing machine, thread
Pin It

8 comments:

Beverley said...

Love the card! I like how you've layered it. Hugs Bev x

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Great card, perfect for all the challenges! Thanks for the tip too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Way to rock the challenges, love those fun banners.

Tenia Nelson said...

This card ROCKS, Miss Lady!!!

Rose said...

fantastic card girl :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card, Stacey! Thanks or the great tip!

Lynn said...

I love the different patterned papers you used here! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so bright and beautiful!