Monday, October 29, 2012

Witching You a Happy Halloween!

Happy Monday! It's time for a fabulous new challenge over at The Pink Elephant! This week, we challenge you to create a Vintage/Shabby creation for TPE172, so grab your distressing tools and crinkled seam binding and let's get started.
The Deconstructed Sketch 75 was perfect to use with the shabby ribbon treatment near the center of the card...LOVE!
and...since I'm still in the mood for some Halloween creations, the ColourQ Challenge 160 was also perfect for this "witchy" card!
I get a lot of emails asking how to make the crinkled ribbon treatment and I plan to provide a tutorial soon...but basically, I cut a long piece of seam binding, spritz it with water, roll it into a tightly scrunched ball, let it dry a little, pull it apart and form a bow...EASY but fabulous! The sentiment on my card and the image on the inside of the card are from I'm Batty for You that I won last month from Mark's Finest Papers. Head on over there for the new Friends of Speedy Challenge 131.
Thanks for stopping by the stage! Witching you a happy Halloween...and a fabooolous week:)
Stamps: I'm Batty for You (Mark's Finest Papers) Ink: Black Tuxedo (Momento) Paper: Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White CS DSP (Stampin' Up!) Other: Big Shot, Apothecary Labels die, Pear Pizzaz Seam Binding, Black Lace ribbon, pom trim, waffle paper (Stampin' Up!), doily die (Papertrey Ink), buttons & twine (My Favorite Things)
Pin It

11 comments:

Maureen said...

this is just gorgeous, Stacey! You are rockin' the Halloween colours! Love your ribbon and lace :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous Halloween card, Stacy!! You ROCKED this weeks challenge!!

Danni said...

Love this card! Simply fabulous!

Winnie and Patty said...

Beautiful fall card. I think I see your pumpkin on the inside. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous colors!!! Love the beautiful fibers you used together for your bow!!! Just stunning!!!

stampingbowd said...

I forgot to say in my other comment...Thanks for joining us this week at Speedy Fox and Friends!!!! :)

Pat said...

Cute card but I can't see a pumpkin. I'm sure there must be one there. Thanks for joining us again at Speedy Fox and Friends.

Pat said...

Cute card but I can't see a pumpkin. I'm sure there must be one there. Thanks for joining us again at Speedy Fox and Friends.

LeAnne said...

Love this....lots of shabby goodness! So glad you could join us and play with the CQC colors this week!

Anonymous said...

Very awesome blog !! I couldnt have wrote this any better than you if I tried super hard hehe!! I like your style too!! it's very unique & refreshing…

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

Really cute Halloween card. And it looks kinda simple but detailed. Love that.