Friday, April 11, 2014

Geared Up for Fun - Verve Diva Dare



Good morning!  TGIF!!
I'm hosting today's Diva Dare: Little Things inspiration post over at the Verve Stamps Blog!  I'd love for you to stop by and say "hey!"

The "Little Things" challenge was my chance to dust off these adorable stamp sets, Geared Up and Birthday Bots to create a fun card for a little guy!  When my boys were little, they loved robots, gears and anything with parts - to take apart!  I must admit that making this card had me reminiscing back to a time when my oldest son would tuck his favorite robot under his pillow at night!  Now, he is (almost) 14 and sadly, there are no more robots under his pillow.  Where does the time go?!

In addition to Geared Up and Birthday Bots stamp sets, I used the Rounded Rectangle Tag Die to frame up the cutie-patootie robot, and the Banner Bundle Die Set tucked behind the tag to extend the focal point.  


The Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #340 is still up and running and worked as a wonderful layout for my "Geared Up for Fun" card today!  It's CONTEST WEEK over at Mojo Monday, so you won't want to miss a chance at some free Verve!



Thanks so much for stopping by the stage!

 photo supplylist.jpg
Stamps:  Geared Up, Birthday Bots (Verve)
Ink:  Black (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Kraft (PTI), Foil (DCWV), Boys Rule (Crate Paper)
Other:  Tagged Rectangle Die, Bundle Banner Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Marina Mist Ribbon & Circle Punches (SU), Bling Heart, Small Attacher (Tim Holtz)

 photo stacey_sig.jpg

2 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What an adorable card!

Marisa said...

Love how you kept the image in B & W and the way you did the cogs is fabulous just punching them out in a circle. Totally fun boy card :)