Friday, April 18, 2014

Viva la Verve - You're So Awesome


Hey there, Verve fans!  How about a little Viva la Verve?!


Check out this GORGEOUS sketch and inspiration from Diva, Laurie Schmidlin!


While I was flipping through some of my newer patterned paper pads, I noticed that the Doodlebug Designs Take Note had an awesome gray with some bright turquoise and green...perfect for this challenge!  With that splash of GREEN, I thought I'd play along at the Catered Crop this week, too!

I die cut Dreamy Leaves Die Set from the green arrow pattern, the Scroll Die from a subtle graph-paper pattern, and the Jotted Heart Die from a piece of turquoise burlap.  The swirly leaf from Happy Days was inked up in a soft gray for a tone on tone effect and the sentiments in black for a bold contrast.  


Hope you'll stop by Viva la Verve and play along with us this month!


Thanks so much for stopping by the stage!

 photo supplylist.jpg
Stamps:  Happy Days (Verve)
Ink:  London Fog (Momento), Black (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  White (PTI), Take Note (Doodlebug Designs)
Other:  Dreamy Leaves Die Set, Jotted Heart Die, Scroll Die (Verve), Small Attacher (Tim Holtz), Lemon Meringue & Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)


 photo stacey_sig.jpg

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the mesh heart and layered sentiment panel, not to mention the literal take on the sketch (my kind of thing to do) :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so fabulous, Stacey! Love all the different patterns together!

Kim S said...

Wonderful texture and I LOVE your layers!