Monday, December 29, 2008

Jewelry Color Inspiration #17

Anyone who knows me also knows that have an obsession for stamping and for JEWELRY! I enjoy participating in other stamping challenges and want to share the fun by offering my own weekly Jewelry Color Inspiration Challenge. The challenge will be posted each Sunday and will include a jewelry photo along with the link to the website where I found it.

If you want to play along, simply make a paper project (card, scrapbook page, or 3D item) that includes the colors indicated with the jewelry piece. (If you don't have the exact colors, just use ones that are similar:) Then, submit your creation to me by posting a comment by Saturday, Jan. 3rd at 11:59 P.M. and including the link to your project. You may also wish to post your photo at Splitcoaststampers.com using the keyword JCI.

Those of you who participate in the challenge will receive recognition the following Sunday...so what are you waiting for...join the fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

This week, I wanted to find a piece of jewelry with colors from the Love You Much bundle. The bundle is such a fantastic value with the combination of the exclusive stamp set, coordinating designer paper and the heart punch!

These unique artisan earrings were found at Jeweled Elegance by designer Heather Pierce. These beautiful handcrafted artisan earrings feature unique materials including lovely handmade papers, Japanese paper (washi and origami), felt, acrylic (artist grade shrink plastic), and polymer clay. Aren't they fantastic?





I have a Shoebox Swap with some fellow demonstrators later this week and thought this would be a great card to share with the swappers. Here's my take on the color inspiration this week (note: a hint of Close to Cocoa in the DSP):



Stamps: Love You Much
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette & Very Vanilla CS, Candy Lane DSP
Ink: Riding Hood Red Classic
Other: Silver Brads, Crafters Tool Kit, Riding Hood Red Striped Grosgrain


4 comments:

LORi said...

Hi Stacey! Hope youall had a Great Christmas!!

My daughter Hannah did this card for the Color Throwdown Challenge 23 and I told her it would work here also!

http://byloridesigns.blogspot.com/2008/12/hannahs-1st-challenge.html

Hannah said...

Opps! Here is her blog with details of your challenge. If I find time I will play too!

http://hbbug.blogspot.com/2008/12/mommy-said-i-can-use-my-card-on-mrs.html

Arielle H Gordon said...

Hey~ Here's mine... I really missed not playing last week! Happy New Year!

~Arielle

Julie Davison said...

Love your card! Thanks for coming to the shoebox swap last night. Here's a link to mine:
http://juliedavison.blogspot.com/2009/01/love-you-much-card.html