Friday, March 19, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 21 ~ Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This posting will remain at the top of my blog page until the challenge closes Friday night. Please scroll down to see more recent postings.



The inspiration photo is of the Amlapura Curtain At Antrhopologie. That store is LOADED with inspiration...love it! The fabric of the curtain reminded me of St. Patrick's Day and shamrocks. The colors to get you started are Always Artichoke, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery & Whisper White. Top 'o the morning to ya!

To participate in the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 21...

1. Create a papercrafted (card, scrapbook page, or 3D) project using these colors or similar shades.
2. Post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call including a direct link back here to the challenge.
3. Enter your name and the exact link to your project in the Mr. Linky box below.

Please note the new deadline will be Friday night: You have until Friday, March 19th before midnight (CST) to enter your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 21 project.

Join us for the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 21 and you could be one of the next Show Stoppers! We have two new award up for grabs! Those chosen as "The Lead" and "Top 5" will receive an award to post on their blog(s) and share the exciting news!



Shamrock



I've been wanting to encorporate fabric into my papercrafting...so I grabbed some of this pretty artichoke fabric at the local fabric store and die cut four heart shapes to create a shamrock. Does it look like a shamrock to you? I originally had three larger buttons as the shamrock center, but started playing and ended up with one larger button surrounded by the mini ones.





Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Barely Banana, Always Artichoke & Whisper White CS, Shades of Spring DSP
Ink: Always Artichoke
Other: Fresh Favorites I Buttons, Linen Thread, Hearts Sizzlets, Big Shot, Certainly Celery 5/8" Grosgrain


The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, so make sure you stop by to see:

Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection


...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 21 creation using Mr. Linky back here at Stacey's Stamping Stage.



18 comments:

Marisa said...

FABULOUS fabric flower, Stacey!!! Just love the buttons in the middle. You rocked it, Ms. Director :D

Betty J Schaub said...

stunning Stacey! this is really beautiful!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Stacey, you friggin' spoil me woman! ;)
I love your card so much, and I love this week's colours! I might not be brilliantly equipped for this challenge, but I swear I must give it another go later... I'm not having enough yet :)

Rochelle said...

I think it looks like a shamrock Stacey! I will MAKE time this week to play! I missed last week.

Melissa said...

It TOTALLY looks like a shamrock! And a beautiful one at that. :)

Lea L. said...

Loving the fabric shamrock Stacey!! Awesome card!

♥Lea

Nicole said...

Great card and color challenge. I had fun playing along!

Amy White said...

Wow! What an amazing use of fabric Stacey! Love all those buttons in the centre of the shamrock and the celery ribbon is perfect!

Julie said...

Love it! And those buttons...oh my!!

Teresa Kline said...

I too have been wanting to add a little fabric, I think I luv fabric as much as paper, even though I don't sew. I think it is all the gorgeous patterns and textures same as paper.....beautiful card, I will have to case sometime...have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Shelley said...

Ooooo! pretty, pretty, pretty! I'm all for using fabric on cards!

Sue said...

wow Stacey, love how you have used the colours this week and the textured flower is brilliant, inspirational as always!

Vianna said...

This is very original, love the idea of a fabric shamrock! I'd like to know if you starched the fabric or otherwise treated it before or after cutting/mounting ... thank you.

Julia Aston said...

Love your fabric flower with the button center! so pretty! and great color combo!

Unknown said...

I loved your card and it inspired me to get up from my chair and make a card. I was needing to make a sample of the easel card and I love the colors. My lighting didn't give my picture justice.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

I have one, I have one, gotta get a good picture! :)

I LOVE YOURS!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Whoo-hooo, I played! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

I needed some inspiration for a card tonight and these colors were exactly what I needed! Thanks for a great challenge!