Friday, May 7, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge: {ACT 28}

The Curtain Call Color Challenge: {ACT 28} posting will remain at the top of the blog page until it expires on Friday night. Please scroll down to view the most recent postings.





Isn't this Velvet Ribbon from Cox & Cox just yummy? You know I LOVE ribbon, so these spools drew me right in. There's a bit of a rugged masculine feel to this one, but you'll see below that I couldn't resist to make it a little feminine:)

To participate in the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 28...

1. Create a papercrafted (card, scrapbook page, or 3D) project using these colors or similar shades.
2. Post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call 28 and make sure to include a link back here to the challenge.
3. Enter your name and the direct link to your project in the Mr. Linky box below.

Please note the new deadline will be Friday night: You have until Friday, May 7th before midnight (CST) to enter your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 28 project.

Join us for the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 28 and you could be one of the next Show Stoppers! We have two awards up for grabs plus a giveaway (details below)! Those chosen as "The Lead" and "Top 5" will receive an award to post on their blog(s) and share the exciting news!





Happy Mother's Day



Even though the color combination this week lends itself to somewhat of a masculine feel, I decided to make a Mother's Day card. I saw a layout similar to this in the Paper Crafts magazine...love that mag:) That sweet little birdie punch hasn't had nearly enough love from me...it's just so cute and versatile. He looks great in solid cardstock, designer paper, embossed cardstock, you name it...





Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: Rose Red, Not Quite Navy, Kraft, Whisper White CS, Bella Bleu & retired DSP
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand
Other: Big Shot, Birds & Blooms and Little Leaves Sizzlets, Extra Large Bird Punch, Corner Rounder Mat Pack & Paper Piercing Tool, Fresh Favorites II & Kraft Corduroy Buttons, Linen Thread




The rest of the Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection


...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 28 creation using Mr. Linky back here at Stacey's Stamping Stage.



35 comments:

JenMarie said...

LOVE this, BEAUTIFUL!

Julie Davison said...

GORGEOUS card! And I love the colors this week! Can't wait to play!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Just gorgeous Stacey! You're using these corduroy brads so often, and I ogle over them every time - I think I should really talk to some SU! Demonstrator soon, I NEED to have them! lol

Sue said...

Another magnificent card from you, the birdie looks so cute, love the way he/she is sitting in the flower- inspirational yet again!! :)

Christina said...

Beautiful card, as always! I love the way the little bird is sitting on the flower and the corduroy brads on that lovely background paper. Can't wait to participate in this week's challenge!

Julie said...

Another beauty Stacey! Love what you have done with this.

Kathy Martin said...

What a SWEET card! :)

Renée said...

Loved these colours together, Stacey! Fab card and inspiration :)

Thanks for fixing my link :)

Amy White said...

Lovely card Stacey! Love those big brads on the Kraft DSP - so subtle but really pretty! The punched flower and bird combo are the perfect focal piece - gorgeous!

Diane Gilbert said...

Beautiful!!! Great Mom's Day card!!

Tracey Old said...

Love your card and the colours are to die for this week!!! LOVE them together!!!

Arielle H Gordon said...

WAY 2 GO!!!! You so deserve your new postition @ 2S4Y..... I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! You must be bouncing off the walls!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous colors and card!!! Love the corduroy brads and the birdie!!! Sweet Mother's Day card!!! Hugs ~S~

Nicole said...

Another wonderful color challenge and sample. I had fun playing along! :)

LeAnne said...

Lovely color combo today, Stacey! And look---a picture of you, we finally get to see what you look like! What a sweet smile you have! Your sample is beautiful as usual!

Bonita Rose said...

I just linked mine up.. this one was fun!

Nance Leedy said...

LOVE this color combo Stacey and your card is beautiful, as always!

TannyP said...

What a beautiful color combo =) Thanks for a fun challenge!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty Stacey! I love the bird and flowers....and those fabric covered brads are a great touch! Fun card!

♥♥♥Lea

Chantelle said...

Great colours Stacey and lots of lovely inspiration. Thanks.

Lynne said...

This is my first time with the Curtain Call challenge and as I have no stamping up products I`ve had to improvise. I hope this is ok.
Lynne

Silke Ledlow said...

Okay these colors were not as easy as I thought...LOL!!! I tried to keep it super CAS :)!!!

BTW I love your new avatar photo!!! It's always fun to see who you actually talking too..he,he,he!!! Hugs ~S~

Sandybeaches said...

Thanks for the inspiration! Love the challenge:)

Rochelle said...

Thanks Stacey! Great card!

Jenny said...

Love all the DT work!! I really loved these colors together! Thanks for the great challenge!

savvy teaching tips said...

greats colours! I enjoyed this one this week.

Lori Rider said...

It's my first time playing this challenge - I loved it and I'll definitely be back! These colors were awesome together. Love your card with the bird punch and cord buttons - it's just gorgeous!

Staci said...

Another great color challenge, thanks!

Angela said...

yes another beauty! very inspirational!

Shelley said...

Excellent card, once again! The bird is so elegant with that DSP. I may have to case this one! I'm in a crunch for my mom's card...not sure what I'll do. I WILL stamp today after DD school program!

Ida said...

Gorgeous card. I agree with you that Bird Punch is awesome. I have a card posted on my blog today using that punch if you'd like to check it out.

Michele K. said...

Woohoo! My go to colors. Love your card. Have a great weekend! :)

Julie Davison said...

Whew! Just under the wire! I haven't had a chance to stamp all week. Looking forward to seeing the new colors...any hints!? ;)

Mary Marsh said...

Well I am to late for the act 28 challenge but i just finished my card and thought I would drop a comment anyway. I really liked this color combo

Mary Marsh said...

here is a link to my card
http://thecharmedlife-maryr917.blogspot.com/2010/05/hello-there.html