Friday, May 28, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge: {ACT 31}



How darling is this little house? This garden house from Ada & Darcy reminds me of a sweet little girl's playhouse. My husband and I are planning to move and fix up an old rounded roof shed in the backyard where my daughter Hannah can play house this summer. It just needs a good cleaning and a fresh coat of paint...then it will be ready for Hannah to move her kitchen set and baby dolls in. I imagine that my boys will sneak in and have a little fun, too!

To participate in the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 31...

1. Create a papercrafted (card, scrapbook page, or 3D) project using these colors or similar shades.
2. Post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call 31 and make sure to include a link back here to the challenge.
3. Enter your name and the direct link to your project in the Mr. Linky box below.

Please note the deadline will be Friday night: You have until Friday, May 28th before midnight (CST) to enter your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 31 project.

Join us for the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 31 and you could be one of the next Show Stoppers! We have two awards up for grabs plus a giveaway (details below)! Those chosen as "The Lead" and "Top 5" will receive an award to post on their blog(s) and share the exciting news!





Thinking of You



Love the grassy border....so easy! Just hand cut a couple of strips of cardstock and distress the top edge a little....viola...a perfect grassy border to showcase your outdoorsy image:) I inked the tree from Thoughts & Prayers stamp set in Not Quite Navy and stamped it directly on to a piece of Tea Party DSP. The little Pretty in Pink flowers were punched with the Trio Flower Punch and attached with Vintage Brads. Finally, a yummy bow (of course) is tied at the bottom to complete the card for sending.



By the way, I'm still on a learning curve with my NEW MacBook Pro, but totally in love with the simplicity & efficiency of it!!! Thanks to those of you Mac users that sent me some feedback and tips on editing my photographs! Anybody out there use GIMP to edit photos on their Mac?



Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst, Whisper White, Garden Green CS, Tea Party DSP
Ink: Night of Navy
Other: Trio Flower Punch, Mat Pack & Paper Piercing Tool, Vintage Brads, Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon, Cutter Kit


The rest of the Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection


...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 31 creation using Mr. Linky back here at Stacey's Stamping Stage.



19 comments:

Melissa said...

Lovely card, Miss Stacey! That Thoughts and Prayers set is such a versatile one = and one of my faves. :)

I use GIMP to edit my photos on my MAC and it is SUPER easy... Actually, I use it to add my watermark and re-size but the cropping etc. I do in iPhoto.

Sue said...

How lovely Stacey! the grass is very impressive and not to mention your beautiful bow! :)

Marisa said...

Love how you used that tree image and added the flowers. Great scene you created too :D

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Totally awesome, girl!!

Amy White said...

So pretty Stacey! I love that stamp set and it looks great stamped on DSP (great minds think alike on that choice lol!). The pink ribbon is such a great finishing touch!

Lea L. said...

Your card is beautiful, Stacey! I love the tree with the added flowers! Great colors this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Kathy Martin said...

Very pretty card! Love those little pink blossoms in your tree! :)

Nicole said...

Another fun color combo and oh so pretty sample! Thanks for the inspiration ~ I had fun playing along! :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your colors and card sample...may have to try and squeeze in a card this week! I love my Mac and yes, there's a learning curve but SO WORTH IT! I use GIMP to add watermarks to my pics, but crop and enlighten the photos in iPhoto first.

Mary Marsh said...

the colors for this weeks challenge are fab-and your card shows them well-

Angela said...

gorgeous card and I really love the colours this week too.

Vicki Burdick said...

Great card Stacey.....love that tree with the pink flowers and your rolling hills!!

Lesley said...

These were good colours...really forced me to play outside of my comfort zone.

Smiles,
Lesley :)

Shelley said...

Four days 'til blogversary, I noticed!

Sweet card, too...BTW! I really enjoyed this color combo. Not one I would have thought to use, but they look wonderful together!

Unknown said...

more fab colors!!! and your card is beautiful! thanks again for the inspiration!

Rochelle said...

Had fun working with these colors Stacey! Love how you stamped onto the DSP! I never think to do that!

Silke Ledlow said...

Stacey, your sample card is beautiful!!! Love how you stamped the main image on the DP...I always forget to do that and the effect is just lovely!!! Hugs ~S~

Luana said...

Your card is cute....the challenge was a little difficult for me but I managed to create a little something. Thanks.

Sandybeaches said...

Phew...think I've just made it! Thanks for the inspiration:)