Friday, August 20, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge: {ACT 43}

A new Curtain Call Color Challenge is posted every Sunday! This posting will remain at the top of the page until the challenge closes on Friday night. Please scroll down to see updates through the week:)



Isn't this such a fantastic Scandinavian-flare inspiration photo from decor8? I love the bold brights of those modern pillows...totally Stampin' Up!'s Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango & Pacific! Last week, we used some NEW In Colors...this week, use some old ones:) Can't wait to see what you're inspired to create with this bold and modern Curtain Call Color Challenge: {ACT 43}.

To participate in the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 43...

1. Create a papercrafted (card, scrapbook page, or 3D) project using these colors or similar shades.
2. Post it on your blog or other public gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, etc.) using the keywords Curtain Call 43 and make sure to include a link back here to the challenge.
3. Enter your name and the direct link to your project in the Mr. Linky box below.

Please note the deadline will be Friday night. You have until Friday, August 20th before midnight (CST) to enter your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 43 project.

Join us for the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 43 and you could be one of the next Show Stoppers! We have two awards up for grabs plus a giveaway (details below)! Those chosen as "The Lead" and "Top 5" will receive an award to post on their blog(s) and share the exciting news!





Grunge Rock



For my third and final attempt at this awesome color combo...this is what I came up with! (My first attempt is now in the bottom of the trash can.) I really wanted to use this rockin' set called Grunge Rock with the modern and bright color inspiration. It was fairly simple to put together...(after a few practice cards...LOL).





Stamps: Grunge Rock
Paper: Pacific Point, Whisper White CS, retired DSP
Ink: Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss
Other: Tangerine Tango Striped Grosgrain


Here is actually the second card I made tonight (remember, the first one was pitched...yes, it was that bad:)



This one would be perfect to place in Hannah's lunch bag on her first day of school!

The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection 
and 
our fabulous Guest Designer for August...Teresa Kline at Enjoy the VA Sunshine.


...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 43 creation using Mr. Linky back here at Stacey's Stamping Stage.



25 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Two gorgeous cards, Stacey, and one awesome colour combo!! :)

Karen said...

Oooooooooo another beautiful colour combo Stacey! I'll be sure to have a go at this one. Its late in the afternoon here in Australia so I'll give it a go tomorrow!

Karen
x

Teresa Kline said...

two fun cards, very sweet Stacey....I hope your day is great!

enjoy *~*

Julie said...

Great cards Stacey!!!

Sue said...

Your persistence really paid off with these 2 stunners, I just love this bright palette! :)

Melissa said...

I can't believe that you had to file ANYTHING under "G"... *wink* You knocked it outta the park with these two awesome cards, Stacey!

Amy White said...

Both fab cards Stacey! Love the DSP you used and that rock guitar is awesome!

Marisa said...

Two cute cards, Stacey. That crown DP is too fun.

Lea L. said...

These are so cute, Stacey!! I love the crown paper...so fun!! I think your first card is lovely....but I think we all get those feelings when our cards aren't our favorites! Lovely job colors this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Unknown said...

Thanks for the new curtain call challenge Stace! As always, it was a blast working on my card!

Andrea said...

Fabulous cards, Stacey.

Cathy Clark said...

I always love the color combos you pick each week and LOVE seeing everyone's submissions!

Karen said...

Finally got time to sit down and make something! Thanks for the challenge Stacey!

karen
x

Shelley said...

I'd say they are both equally fabulous! A great color combo for this set!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Great colors, Stacey! I love your card as well, it's so happy and fun:)

SmilynStef said...

Love those colors ... so perfect for a masculine birthday card I needed to make.

Pam Speidel said...

Your bright and fun creations inspired my to give this challenging combo a try! Thanks for another great color challenge Stacey! Smiles, Pam : )

Unknown said...

Love the CAS cards with those colors! Thank you for the wonderful CC and inspirations!

Silke Ledlow said...

Two real fun beauties GF!!! Great CAS designs!!! The colors were harder than I thought...LOL!!! have a wonderful week!!! Hugs ~S~

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

Hey Stacey, Love your whole blog. I'd finally got my entry posted just in time after a long week of work. Work always gets in the way. xo, Marian

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

HI! I love this color combination -so pretty and fresh! Glad I could play along. I enjoy reading your blog very much. Have a great day!

Meredith said...

SUCH fun colors!!!! I had a great time playing along this week! Thanks as always for the great inspiration!!!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Fun color combo. Your cards are great for teens.

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Great cards! This is my project http://hippieaud.blogspot.com/2010/08/fun-at-fairy-knoll-friday-challenge.html