Thursday, June 27, 2013

Have a Lovely Day - STB #20


Loving the new sketch, STB #20, over at Seize the Birthday today!  Head on over and see what the other talented gals whipped up for your inspiration!


I thought I'd try out this beautiful color combo, cQc #195, over at ColourQ along with the FREE Cue Card challenge at CAS-ology!


It's difficult to find patterned paper in purple tones, but I stumbled on a pretty pack at Jo-Ann's a few weeks ago...a line from Kathy Davis called Journeys...comes in handy when I need a little splash of violet, or Orchid Opulence in this case:)


If you missed my Birthday Linky Party announcement, click HERE for the details!  It's going to be a blast!


I grabbed those buttery Gelatos again to create a watercolored look on the rose blooms!  Easy...just rub the Gelatos on your craft mat, spritz with water, and use as a stamp pad of sorts!  Beautiful!



Thanks so much for stopping by the stage!

Stamps:  LJD Sweet Roses (MFT)
Ink:  Black Tuxedo (Momento)
Paper:  White Shimmer (DCVW), Kathy Davis, Doily
Other:  LJD Sweet Roses Dies (MFT), Timeless Tags dies (WP9), Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine (SU), Gelatos, Sequins, Sewing Machine, Thread
Pin It

8 comments:

Heather Jensen said...

Absolutely love this! I like the watercolor look from the Gelatos. I need to get some of that watercolor paper, when I tried them on my regular paper it didn't look so hot. :)

Sandy Sommerfeld said...

Fabulous coloring Stacey! You're bang on with the color combo too!

Sandy S
(Scribbles DT)

Rose said...

those blooms are beautiful!!! :)

Sylvia said...

What a bright and cheery card, Stacey, there is a lot of beautiful stamping here! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Gorgeous use of those colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Jen said...

Beautiful! I love how you gave this a big splash of yellow amid all the pretty blues and orchids!!

Melissa said...

What gorgeous colors and watercoloring!!!
Thanks so much for joining CASology this week!

Yapha said...

What a lovely card! Those layers are amazing! Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!