Monday, September 29, 2014

Coffee Lovers Blog Hop - Great Ideas Start With COFFEE


Hello, Coffee Lovers!  It's time for some COFFEE!
Welcome to the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!


Grab your favorite coffee stamp set and play along with us!  Head on over to Chaitali's Blog...Cuts, Crops & Creativity, to read all of the details of this fun blog hop!

Check out all of these fabulous Blog Hop Sponsors...


and some Flash Giveaway Sponsors, too!


So, let's chat a bit about coffee!

1. When did I start drinking coffee? 
My father would always go to the coffee shop in the mornings and have coffee, mom's early beverage of choice was Diet Pepsi...so I didn't grow up with coffee around.  Once I started college and studied late at night for tests, I thought I'd try coffee to perk me up on those long nights.  I started drinking coffee with a little sugar, and soon fell in love with its aroma and warmth!

2. What is my favorite brand(s)? 
Dunkin' Donuts French Vanilla is my all-time favorite brand and flavor of coffee!  My husband tries to sneak in off-brands on occasion, and I remind him every time of my preference, even if it costs a couple dollars more.  Husbands! 

3. What is the most amazing coffee that I've had?  Where and when?
When my hubby and I met, we would spend Saturday mornings at a pancake house in a Chicago suburb that had the STRONGEST coffee.  It soon became our standard of coffee at restaurants and we craved strong coffee for several years after that.

4. If I don't drink my needed coffee, I will...
get a headache, even a bit nauseous, and irritable!  Yes, I'm a coffee addict!
It's hard to believe that I was able to quit drinking coffee while pregnant, even had an aversion to the aroma when I was expecting my sweet daughter...hubby was not even allowed to brew a pot at home for a few months!  LOL!

I LOVE COFFEE!  I begin each and every day with a cup (or two or three), taking my jumbo Tervis filled with coffee on work days!

Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #238 was just what I needed to frame up the flavor of the day!


I used some fabulous Verve goodies on my card today!


I LOVE the new coffee-themed goodies from Verve!  I can't get enough of that awesome Coffee Word Die paired up with the Coffee stamp set and Cuppa Joe Die Set....then a few sprinkles of the Signature Sequin Mix and you've got yourself a fun mix of fun!

The papers, flower, leaves and wooden stick are from the Prima Coffee Break Collection...love!


Thanks so much for stopping by the stage!  Enjoy the hop!

 photo supplylist.jpg
Stamps:  Coffee (Verve)
Ink:  Rich Cocoa Luxe (Momento)
Paper:  Primitive Cream (PTI), Coffee Break (Prima)
Other:  Cuppa Joe Die Set, Coffee Word Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Signature Sequin Mix (Verve), Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Pinked Circles Dienamics (My Favorite Things), Coffee Break Wooden Sticks, Leaves and Flowers (Prima)

 photo stacey_sig.jpg

31 comments:

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

This is so pretty and you're right - great ideas start with coffee. If I didn't have my coffee, I would have no ideas because I would be in a fog! Yay for coffee!

Shelly said...

WOW! This is AWESOME!!! Lovin' all the layers!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Great card Stacey! Love all the elements!

Shemaine Smith said...

Nice card Stacey! Love your design and color palette!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sweet card Stacey. Love the images and the gorgeous dimensional flower.

Virginia L. said...

Your coffee card is full of wonderful and sweet elements, Stacey! I so enjoy reading about you and coffee! Thanks for sharing :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card Stacey!

Daniela Dobson said...

This is beautiful!

CaffeinatedPapercuts said...

Oh Stacey, I love your pretty card! I also hear you on the need for coffee...it's a necessity!

Jennie said...

Beautiful layers and love your card Stacey!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness Stacey! Your card is simply gorgeous...your embellies are perfection!

Lyn said...

Gorgeous card I love this stamp set and the cards you have made with it <3

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card, Stacey! Love all your eclectic layers and papers. The look reminds me of my new favorite local coffee shop.

Indy's Designs said...

Oh this is spectacular! Love all those layers and the colors you combined look fabulous! Happy Caffeinated Day!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Stacey, this is gorgeous! Simply stunning.

Deepti said...

This is yummy beauty :) lovely layers and colors !

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

So pretty!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

great card!

MariLynn said...

Very pretty card.

Rubeena I. said...

how creative!!!

StampingbugKerry said...

Pretty. Love the sparkly flower too!

Amber Sheaves said...

I just love layers and this card is all kinds of awesome layers. Love it!

Chrissy Larson said...

Wow!! Gorgeous layers. I swear you still need to teach me! :)

Larissa Heskett said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!! LOVING your Card for today's Blog Hop!! =) Such an AWESOME Design!! I LOVE the Colors and ALL those YUMMY Layers too!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Annette Allen said...

aww this card is so cute.. i love the gold and that big flower so cute.. love it

Celeste Goff said...

What a great card! I actually just bought this stamp and die set from Verve!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

wow this gorgeous!!!!!

~amy~ said...

LOVE your card...you always rock the layers! That sugary bloom is a perfect way to top off your card...Oh my, do iSpy coffee veneer? Is that from Prima?

So I loved reading your coffee facts! When I was pregnant and nursing the kids is the only time I quit drinking coffee. I'm definitely addicted to the stuff but have luckily reduced my intake by quite a bit {I may have consumed a 10 cup pot in the morning}...

We LOVE that Verve is one of our Super Sponsors!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What an amazing card! LOVE it!!!

An'Jenic G. said...

This is just a stunning card. I love each element used.

VanessaB said...

so very pretty!!!