Wow! What a fabulous response there was to the first Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Feeling Nautical! The Curtain Call Crew gals and I were absolutely overwhelmed with the wonderful response from our readers, followers, and participants! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Are you ready for a new challenge?! We have a delightfully fresh and summery inspiration board for you the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Watermelon Wonder!
photo credit: Ruffled
Fresh Squeezed Stamps is sponsoring this challenge with a choice of stamp set to the Lead of the Watermelon Wonder challenge!
Watermelon Wonder Designers
Stacey Schafer - That's Me!
Stop in over at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge blog to see how you can play along! Can't wait to see how you are inspired by Watermelon Wonder!
I was inspired by the beautiful all of the beautiful color and the feather print in the photo! Retrosketches #74 and SCS Dare to Get Dirty also inspired me to create this Watermelon Wonder card using the beautiful Clearly Besotted Fancy Feathers stamps and dies!
LOVE this technique...using the negative die cut and placing sequins for a window-like effect! It's simple, but a little time consuming...though, I think totally worth every minute I spent with the placement of each individual sequin!
- Die-cut a piece of plain cardstock or simple paper (you want the sequins to really pop!)
- Cut a second piece of cardstock a 1/4 inch smaller than the die-cut piece.
- Apply an adhesive, such as Scor-tape on the second piece, covering the entire area where sequins will be placed.
- Either with your finger tips, or with Embellie Jelly, place each sequin firmly onto the Scor-tape (uniformly or free-style like mine:).
- Use foam squares around the edge of your sequined piece and adhere the top piece of paper to frame your fabulousness!
Thanks so much for stopping by the stage! See you over at the Curtain Call!
Stamps: Fancy Feathers (Clearly Besotted)
Ink: Versamark (SU), Black Tuxedo (Momento)
Paper: White (PTI), Beautiful Life (Echo Park)
Other: White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool (SU), Scalloped Trim Trio Die Set (Verve), Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT), Sequins (Avery Elle), Scor-tape, Sewing Machine, Thread