Sunday, March 8, 2009

Jewelry Color Inspiration #27

Anyone who knows me also knows that have an obsession for stamping and for JEWELRY! I enjoy participating in other stamping challenges and want to share the fun by offering my own weekly Jewelry Color Inspiration challenge. The challenge will be posted each Sunday and will include a jewelry photo along with the link to the website where I found it.

If you want to play along, simply make a paper project (card, scrapbook page, or 3D item) that includes the colors indicated with the jewelry piece. (If you don't have the exact colors, just use ones that are similar:) Then, submit your creation to me by Saturday, March 14th at 11:59 P.M. using the Mr. Linky box at the end of this posting. You may also wish to post your photo at Splitcoaststampers.com using the keyword JCI.

Those of you who participate in the challenge will receive recognition the following Sunday...so what are you waiting for...join the fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I feel so lucky to have stumbled onto this "little virtual marketplace," Star Girl Jewelry. This designer's goal is to create unique, fun, one of a kind pieces using a wide variety of findings and mediums. She has definately reached her goal with this amazing necklace, Flora & Fauna pt3, that incorporates glass pearls, copper beads, fabric flowers and a rhinestone on a copper chain...don't you think?





Here's the card that I was inspired to make by using the Big Shot and the Daisies #2 die. Can't wait to see what you all come up with!



Stamps: Thank You Kindly
Paper: Pink Passion, Whisper White, Yoyo Yellow, Pumpkin Pie, Lovely Lilac CS
Ink: Pink Passion
Other: Big Shot, (Flower) Daisies #2 Bigz Die, Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain, Rhinestone Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals




8 comments:

Julie Davison said...

More fun bright colors! Can't wait to play! I think I'll have to break out my Pretties Kit this week!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

You really captured not only the colors of the inspiration piece but the whole floral design.

Lil said...

Wow!This flower took my breath!Great spring colors :) I promise to make a paper card with my new UK kits and play in your inspiration :)
Have a nice week :)
Kisses

Marianna said...

Thank you for using my design as your inspiration piece! I am truely amazed at your creative process with your color cards and the finished work is gorgeous and such detail!

LaToya said...

Wow--this is definitely a good challenge. I would never put these colors together. But it sure will be fun coming up with a card this week. I'll be back...

RockerJewlz said...

Fabulous, just fabulous!

dj said...

When I first saw the challenge I right away thouht of the Daisies #2die but when I saw that you had used it I decided to go alittle different route--here is what I came up with--I linked it to you with Mr. Linky. I am glad I got to play this week--I have missed out the last 2.

Stef H said...

What a beautiful card, what a beautiful inspiration picture and what fun colors!

TFL!