Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Butterfly



This card is for my big sister, Tammy! A funny story for you...I was born three days before her 13th birthday, so our mom & dad brought me home from the hospital on her birthday. She told my parents that she wanted a new dress for her birthday, not a new sister:) LOL! What can I say...my sister has always been the honest type:) I should also mention that Mom did have a new dress for her all wrapped up in the closet.


I used the Mojo Monday sketch #95 for the layout of my sister's birthday card. The color combination came from The Pink Elephant #23 Color Challenge. The colors for the challenge are Red, Blue & Darker Blue.



Hannah colored a picture of Clifford while I was working on my card, and then she got to work on this special card for her Aunt Tammy's birthday, too. So sweet:)



My Creation:
Stamps: Stem Sayings
Paper: Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue, Real Red & Whisper White CS, Pink Flamingo DSP
Ink: Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue
Other: Big Shot, Final Press Embossing Folder, Eyelet Border & Butterfly Punch, Red/White Gingham ribbon


Hannah's Creation:
Stamps: On Your Birthday, Tart & Tangy
Paper: Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White CS
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Pixie Pink, Only Orange
Other: 1 1/4" & 1" Circle Punches, Eyelet Border Punch, Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain


4 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Stacey, wonderful card! I love the texture and butterfly. Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

Annie said...

Lovely that double butterfly and what a great colouring in of Clifford.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Robin said...

Great card Stacey!!! Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!
Robin

Denise Clark said...

Just the right amount of each color. Feels wonderful! LOVE, love your butterfly! Great idea to make the base and then the raised wings a little different. Love that!

Your little Hannah did a great job with her card too, and Hannah, I LOVE the way you colored Clifford. He's a very big dog! Good job!

Denise
at RubberStamp Avenue